Read through the entire brand site to make sure you understand rules, guidelines and how everything works together before using these assets to create university-related promotions. These assets are only to be used for official university communications. Do not use them to promote private businesses or for individual purposes.
If you have any questions or problems as you use these assets, contact Marketing Services at 575-646-7557.
A note on typeface and templates: You may notice that the Calibri typeface is used on Word or PowerPoint templates available on the NMSU Brand website. That allows the file you create to be shared outside NMSU or displayed on other computers — some systems don’t have Gotham or Open Sans typefaces installed.
The NMSU logo represents all members of the university family. All departments and offices should use the NMSU logo along with the unit name; by proudly utilizing it, each department, office and unit becomes represented as an integral piece within the university.
We would be happy to produce an NMSU logo setup for your unit, please contact us at 575-646-7557 or firstname.lastname@example.org. View examples and guidelines of NMSU logo setups in both horizontal and vertical formats.
Downloading Digital and Vector Logos
High-quality JPEG, TIFF and EPS files of the logo are available for download. The EPS and TIFF files have been created as line-art vector files and are the only logos that should ever be used for print because vector files will print cleanly at any size. The JPEG logos should only be used for placement on websites, email, or in Microsoft Office documents.
Please visit logo.nmsu.edu to download digital and vector logo files.
Adobe Software Specific Color Palettes
For easy access to the correct colors, import the following palettes into your Adobe Creative Suite programs. To use the files, open the Swatches palette in your program and click on the top right menu.
Select “Open Swatch Library” and then select “Other Library.” Navigate to where the downloaded swatch file is located on your computer.
- Photoshop CC: Load Swatches … OR Replace Swatches…
- Fireworks CC: Replace Swatches… OR Add Swatches…
- Illustrator CC: Open Swatch Library … >> Other Library
- InDesign CC: Load Swatches …
For more information and to download web templates, please review the Web Template Overview.
Our font families should be used for all communications to ensure the consistent look and feel of all literature on and offline. Open Sans should be used for all header and sub header text, where Helvetica should be used for all other copy (body, quotes etc).
To ensure a consistent look, make sure fonts are used in a consistent manner and the weights of the font have been considered, using heavier weights for headers and the highlight for key messages. The NMSU web templates and WordPress themes also includes over 250 glyphs in font format from the Glyphicon Halflings set.
If you use the NMSU Bootstrap styles or the NMSU WordPress theme (version 2.0+), Web fonts will already be included on your site. You do not need to include code for the web fonts. Web fonts and glyphs are only available on nmsu.edu domains.
University Communications would like to partner with you to create a branded website that will help you achieve your goals and ensure we have a consistent web presence at NMSU. We have created developer templates and new WordPress theme using the NMSU Bootstrap framework that also contains the Open Sans and Glyphicon Halflings web fonts.
University Communications has developed the following HTML email templates to help the campus create digital communications with a design that is consistent with our brand. The only appropriate font family for email templates is Helvetica. Be mindful of how frequently you send emails to your audiences. Excessive contact will cause fatigue, leading recipients to ignore your messages.
Use these templates for your presentations. There are horizontal and vertical Microsoft PowerPoint Options available and a Prezi template available.
If you would like to use our Prezi Presentation template, click on “Save a copy” to download template to edit.
You can use these templates to create an event or program announcement slide for use on the digital signs across campus.
To customize a template, choose a background color from NMSU’s color palette. Adjust the elements to best fit your content, write short copy that can be read quickly at a distance and then save the finished slide as a JPG or PNG of 1920×1080 pixels.
Email is among the most common communication materials sent out by the NMSU community to the public. In support of the NMSU brand, faculty and staff members are encouraged to utilize the Tahoma font. Size of text should be at least 12 pt.
If you choose to include an image, we recommend the official NMSU logo.
Instructions to set up email signature for Microsoft Outlook
Please note: The supported email platform for email signature assistance is Microsoft Outlook. OWA (Outlook Web App for Office 365 or Exchange) does not support images in email signature.
Contact Marketing Services at email@example.com to request a custom email logo signature for your department or college.
You can create posters and flyers in a variety of sizes. Templates are available in In Design and Microsoft Word and come in a standard and photo based design.
You can create postcards and notecards in a variety of sizes. Templates are available in In Design and Microsoft Word.
You can create booklets and newsletters in a variety of sizes. Templates are available in In Design and Microsoft Word. Newsletter options come in a multi-page or single page design.
You can create tri-fold brochures or event programs in a variety of sizes. Templates are available in In Design and Microsoft Word.
Social Media Assets
Use the following graphic elements to brand all official NMSU social media channels. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google +, and LinkedIn recommendations are included below. The YouTube channel artwork template and the default NMSU avatar for Twitter and Facebook are available for download. It is highly recommended that all NMSU-sponsored social sites incorporate the NMSU brand to communicate their official affiliation to the university.
Please note that each social media channel has different requirements for avatar (profile) pictures and cover art. Please use the following guidelines in selecting your cover art.
- Facebook’s cover photo size is 851px (width) X 315px (height).
- When choosing imagery for your template, select a composition that uniquely represents your organization.
- If your image includes people, emphasize faces and real emotion.
- This size both works for business pages and personal profiles.
Profile photo size: must be at least 180 X 180 pixels.
- Imagery should be simple, focused and contain a minimum of graphical elements.
- Avoid text — it’s use in such a confined space clutters the composition.
- PNG format will provide best results
- The cover size to work with for best results 1600px (width) X 421px (height).
- Profile photo size: must be at least 400 X 400 pixels.
- The original quality of your banner will lose once it’s uploaded on Twitter so it’s very important to save your banner in highest quality. Your header image can be in PNG, JPG or GIF format. Twitter doesn’t allow animated GIFs.
- LinkedIn’s banner size is 646 pixels for width and 220 pixels for height. The maximum size you can upload is 2MB.
- Standard logo size: must be 100 x 60 pixels.
- Square logo size: 50 x 50 pixels
- The recommended header size: 1400 by 425px. You can use PNG, JPG or GIF format under 8MB in size.
- Please note that once you upload your image, you will dramatically lose the quality of your image.
- LinkedIn avatar: at least 200 x 200 pixels. Maximum file size is 6MB.
- Google+ cover photo size is 2120px (width) X 1192px (height). This size both works for business and personal profiles.
- If you find that size too big, you can use this dimensions too: 1080px (width) X 607px (height).
- Profile photo size: must be at least 250 X 250 pixels.
- Youtube’s cover art size is 2560px X 1440px. (using a template is highly recommended to size your cover art appropriately)
- Please note that your Google identity photo will be used as your YouTube avatar, after you have merged a You Tube Channel with your Google identity.
- Important things to note about adjusting your Google identity appearance:
- Your Google identity is your YouTube identity, Channel title, and shows on your Google+ profile.
- Your Google identity photo is your YouTube identity.
- Google+ supports changing your name up to three times in two years. Please keep this in mind if you decide to edit your name.
Stationery, Letterhead & Business Cards
Official university stationary, letterhead and business cards are available only at NMSU-contracted vendors that have the proper templates. NMSU has pricing agreements with printing and copying vendors — regional companies with a long history of producing an array of fine products with the NMSU brand and providing great service. Vendors have undergone the NMSU RFP process and have been chosen based on several factors including competitive pricing and product quality. Review a complete list of vendors from the NMSU Printing and Copying Services (print.nmsu.edu) website.