NMSU welcomes feedback and encourages participation on its social media sites, but retains complete editorial discretion over the sites. When commenting, please keep in mind that people of all ages may view NMSU’s social media sites.
Posts and comments are subject to the following rules:
- A post may not be off topic from the original post or from the site’s topic for discussion.
- A post may not violate any law.
- A post may not be threatening or abusive.
- A post may not, in NMSU sole discretion, be libelous (30-11-1 NMSA 1978).
- A post may not contain commercial advertisements or endorsements.
- A post may not be repetitive of prior commentary by the same individual.
- A post may not contain links to other sites that violate NMSU’s Social Media Rules.
- A post may not condone or encourage illegal activity.
- A post may not contain profanity.
- A post may not be discriminatory in nature (on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, retaliation, serious medical condition, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, spousal affiliation, or veteran status).
- A post may not violate any NMSU policies or procedures including Rule 3.63 of NMSU’s Administrative Rules and Procedures, the Student Code of Conduct.
Deletion of Posts: A post may be deleted for violation of NMSU’s Social Media Rules.
Bans from Posting: Repeated violators of NMSU’s Social Media Rules may be banned from posting on NMSU social media sites. Any individual who has three or more posts or comments deleted for violation of NMSU’s Social Media Rules, in a six-month period, may be banned from posting or commenting on NMSU’s social media sites for six months.
NMSU will not automatically restore an individual’s privilege to post on NMSU’s social media after a ban. Upon expiration of the six-month ban, the effected individual may request reinstatement of their privilege to post by sending a request to email@example.com. A request for restoration of privileges must include the approximate date of the ban and the web address of the site where the ban was imposed. No request for restoration of the privilege to post on NMSU’s social media sites will be considered prior to the end of the ban.